You have the leads, now what?
To increase your websites conversions, you must have effective calls-to-action, CTA positioning, newsletters, landing pages and forms for your landing page.
The effect of a successful Call to Action is to drive a visitor to take a desired action. CTAs are the key to lead generation but they need to be done right to convert traffic into leads. The position of your call-to-actions is important also. Think about where you will be placing your CTAs. Do not place CTAs everywhere; that will give people too many options.
In order to drive CTAs you need to drive those links to landing pages. Landing pages are used to convert visitors into leads by completing a transaction or by collecting contact information from them. Landing pages consist of:
- A headline and (optional) sub-headline.
- A brief description of the offer/CTA.
- At least one supporting image.
- (Optional) supporting elements such as testimonials or security badges.
- And most importantly, a form to capture information.
Newsletters are easy to offer and effective. Not all CTAs need to be big offers. Newsletters or mailing lists are the perfect way to collect email addresses so you can nurture prospects over time to become leads. Make sure it is easy for people to find your subscription form.
Landing pages are necessary to implement because they direct your visitors to one particular offer without the distractions of everything else on your website.
Once you’ve completed your landing page, it is important to have a form that customers can fill out to sign-up, subscribe to your site, or download an offer. Forms are the key to a landing page. Recommendations for landing page forms:
- • Only ask for the information you need. Avoid asking for sensitive information that companies or consumers may not want to disclose.
- • Consider the value of the offer. The more valuable an offer may be perceived, the more information you may be able to ask for in return.
- • Lastly, reduce anxiety for your clients by adding a privacy message that indicates their email will not be shared or sold. Avoid using the word submit on your form buttons; offer them a free download or newsletter instead.
Internet usage is growing rapidly which makes a website an important factor for your business. The integration of search engine optimization, social media, blogging, content, call-to-actions, and landing pages will drive traffic, leads, and sales.